Monday, August 5, 2019

Mixed Media Acrylic Collage Series - RIDE, BLOOM & SOAR!

RIDE
Acrylic Collage - 10x10 canvas

It is often helpful to work in a series so when I decided to play around with combining acrylic paint with collage papers I decided to tackle three different pieces at the same time.

BLOOM
Acrylic Collage - 10x10 canvas

I used 10x10 inch gallery wrapped stretched canvases for the base and began by gluing on random pieces of text torn from old books. I added some acrylic paint on top on different shades while letting some of the papers show through.

SOAR
Acrylic Collage - 10x10 canvas

I used the dropper from a bottle of black acrylic ink to loosely draw the main subject - bicycle, flowers and bird - and then collaged more papers on top using painted rice papers and patterned tissue paper.

It definitely helped to work on all three paintings at once since I was using a similar creative approach for each piece and could use the same supplies for each step. It also took aways the pressure of having to make a perfect piece and allowed me to relax nd enjoy the artistic process!