Thursday, June 8, 2017

Packaging a Painting for It's New Home!

SOUTHWEST JEWELS 
Watercolor Batik - 15x21
SOLD

Southwest Jewels now has a new home in Washington state and I am always a little torn when I sell a painting. On the one hand it's nice to know that someone appreciates your art enough to buy it, but on the other hand each painting has some part of me in it and it is hard to let go.


I always place each painting on a support board inside a plastic sleeve for extra protection. I include one of my business art cards, instructions on how to handle a watercolor batik painting and a Thank You coupon for 20% off of the next purchase in my Etsy Shop. Then, I place it all between two more pieces of cardboarad and securely wrap it up with packing paper and tape before I head to the post office.

I have had a busy art week - more on that next week - and am also trying to get the house ready for our daughter Lisa and her fiancé to visit for the weekend. Always happy to have more family here:)