Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Hakuna Matata and the Joy of Creating!

BIRD WATCH
Watercolor Batik - 12x19

I am sure many of you have seen the cute Disney movie LION KING and may remember the catchy song Hakuna Matata, a Swahili phrase that means 'no worries.'  I wish I could say that I am the kind of person that can naturally detach myself from mistakes, worries and regrets but unfortunately I can't.

Holding on to past resentments can lead to more unhappiness, so I try to make a conscious effort to be positive and move forward. I have found that for me, art makes it easier to focus on the present and let go of the past. Painting shapes, using bright colors, experimenting with techniques, exploring different media - all of these creative connections give me great joy and help me to focus on the beautiful present!