Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Studio Clean Up Challenge - Day 1

LOVE IN BLOOM
Watercolor - 11x15

STEP 1 in my Studio Clean Up was to work on my watercolor table where I do the majority of my daily painting for my Etsy Shop


I first sorted through all of my brushes, and I seem to have a lot, and organized them into groups. I placed the everyday brushes that I always paint with near my palette, the large hake brushes and stiffer watercolor brushes in the flower pot (painted by a long time artist friend) and the miscellaneous brushes in the other containers.


Then, I sorted through my stack of watercolor paper and organized them by brand. Though the years I have experimented with different brands of 140 lb papers but Arches is still the favorite.


I removed anything that was not directly needed for my painting - left the DVD player because I often watch/listen to a movie when I paint - and the result is a much cleaner, neater work area.


If you are inspired to clean and organize your art area I would love to see and hear all about it. If you are not already a part of my Creative Monday Challenge group on Facebook and would like to participate in the Studio Clean Up Challenge I would love for you to join us. You can get more info on participating in the free Facebook Group here.