Friday, January 25, 2019

Barbara Nechis Workshop

COLORS OF THE HEART
Watercolor - 15x20

Colors of the Heart was a painting that I started in a workshop with nationally known artist Barbara Nechis. My love of her watercolors inspired me when I first began painting years ago and I was thrilled to be able to see her paint in person. Her demos were amazing and informative but we all struggled to try and emulate her approach. She walked around the room, observing us as we worked but did not give any individual help, just general tips to the whole class. Each day ended with her critiquing each of our paintings to the group as a whole which was helpful.

All said and done, I was glad I took her class but felt frustrated most of the workshop. It is always fun to paint with others and you always end up picking up a few new tips but in the end, I ended, I went right back to my normal way of painting!