Friday, March 2, 2018

My People & CACTUS BLOOM

CACTUS BLOOM
Watercolor batik - 12x19

Being part of a community of artist is VERY important to me. They are my people. Whether students in my classes, creative friends, artists I meet in workshops or fellow painters in the open studio I attend each week, they enrich my life. They are friendly, nice, creative, curious, interested people who get excited over new brushes, exciting colors and the way the paint spreads across the paper.

It is an exclusive club where everyone is very welcoming. They inspire me. They motivate me. They make me laugh. From beginners to professional artists, we all get it. I am privileged to be able to learn from wonderful artists and then turn around and share with my students. The world goes away while we are exploring, experimenting and creating. It is a privilege to share my artistic journey with all of you - friends and fellow artists - and I thank you!