Monday, November 6, 2017

Art With Heart Monday - Plein Air Painting


A few weeks ago I joined my fellow Plein Air painters at one of the local marinas and we enjoyed a gorgeous day painting water and boats. I am still not overjoyed with the paintings I produce outside because I feel like it tightens me up too much. I have always been a studio artist and enjoy painting loosely with bold color and compositions instead of true realism so I continue to challenge myself to find that perfect creative combination in the great outdoors.


I thought I would share the cute, small folding palette I bought to use in my french easel when painting outside. I filled each of the wells with fresh paint, let it dry and it was ready to go. It really works well and fits perfectly in the easel drawer with room for my water container.