Thursday, October 26, 2017

Story Behind a Painting & ASPEN GOLD

ASPEN GOLD
Watercolor - 11x15

There is a story behind this watercolor. I painted it when we lived in Colorado and the fall aspen leaves were turning bright gold as only the aspen trees can do. The mountains were dotted with bright yellow leaves shimmering in the wind. Groves of aspen trees glowed brightly against the dark evergreens. Seeing this painting always reminds me of those beautiful autumn days in Colorado.


I have learned that if there is a story or an emotional connection to what I am painting then I am more invested in that piece. The image, the colors, the textures. It all has more meaning to me as I apply paint to the paper, add shapes and shadows. And hopefully, that deep connection and sense of joy will transfer to you, the viewer.