Monday, September 25, 2017

Thankful To Be An Artist

FLOWERS & LACE CURTAINS
Watercolor Batik - 12x18

I recently saw a list of things that we as artists are lucky to have in our lives and I wanted to share my top six.

The gift of sensitivity. Artists have the ability to look at the world in a different way, to notice and appreciate the beauty around us.   

Magic of creativity. There is nothing better than creating something from nothing. Every painting may not be a masterpiece but the joy of creating is always there.

Artist friends. We share a special bond with fellow artists. We see things in a similar way, love to explore artistic ideas and enjoy creative time together.

Art supplies. We love them, we need them to create and nothing makes us happier than to be in an art store surrounded by all of those paints, brushes, papers, stencils and pastels!

Art books. I love all books but especially art books. They are full of instruction and inspiration. New ideas to explore. Lines, shapes and color.

Sharing my love of watercolor. I am grateful for the opportunity to teach and encourage others to explore and develop their own artistic expression.

Art lovers. I paint the subjects that inspire me, use the colors that I love and try to create a piece that excites me. If a painting also connects with someone else and they are moved to hang it in their home it gives me an even greater sense of satisfaction.