Monday, June 5, 2017

Art With Heart Monday - Chattanooga With Friends

VILLA WINDOW
Watercolor - 11x15

I spent a fun day celebrating my birthday with three of my friends since my husband was out of town. We drove south to the city of Chattanooga which is located in the southeastern part of the state along the Tennessee River in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.

 

We shopped in several historical areas of the city where the southern architecture and cute shops kept us busy until we stopped for lunch. They treated me to a delicious meal and a glass of wine which is always appreciated.


Then we headed to the Bluff View Art District and checked out some of the art galleries. It was inspiring to see the art displayed by local artists, everything from oil paintings, encaustics, photography, glass works, pottery and jewelry.


We then had to stop at Rembrantd's Coffee House and bakery where it was hard to decide what treats we were going to enjoy with our coffee outside in their beautiful courtyard. Reminded me of being in Charleston when our oldest daughter lived there.


Such a fun day! I feel very blessed to have such nice, caring friends and to live in such a beautiful and diverse state. And to be another year older:)