Monday, May 15, 2017

Art With Heart Monday - Open Studio Flop

ROSES & LACE
Watercolor - 11x15

Do you ever have one of those days? Last fall I joined a local Art Group so that I could meet more artists, take some workshops and participate in the local art community. They recently started a monthly life drawing group that meets in the morning and announced that the afternoon would be an Open Studio. Since life drawing is not really my thing I drove the hour that it takes to get there and arrived all ready to spend an afternoon painting with my fellow artists. What I found, was everyone packing up from the life drawing session and heading home. I waited around for another hour hoping someone else would show up but finally had to admit defeat and call it a day. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained - or so I told myself on the drive home!


This was originally a painting with just the roses and leaves and I decided later to use paper dollies as stencils and paint them in and around the flowers for added design interest. I was happy with the way it turned out and had fun doing it so I count that as a success!