Friday, October 7, 2016

Too Many Choices, Too Little Time!

AUTUMN GROVE
Watercolor Collage - 14x18

Do you feel pulled in too many directions artistically! Are you happy to spend time with one particular medium or are you like me and you want to experiment and create with everything?

I absolutely LOVE painting with watercolor and have happily explored it for over twenty five years but at the same time I am pulled in so many other creative directions that sometimes I can't figure out what to focus on. I love playing with acrylics and collage and mixed media and batik and stamping and art journals and encaustics. There are SO many new materials, paint colors, decorative papers and techniques to explore that it boggles the mind. My art studio overflows with new supplies and half started projects and sometimes I feel like I just need to slow down, take a deep breath and dive right in.

Create, explore, experiment, enjoy - and then at the end of it all, I always return to my tried and true watercolor paints!