Monday, October 31, 2016

Creative Monday Challenge - Week 42 - Connect with Other Artists

PINK LOVELIES
Watercolor - 11x15

It seems like we are all enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures this fall - hard to believe that tomorrow is the first of November. Last week in the watercolor class that I teach at the Oak Ridge Art Center we painted tulips and practiced our negative painting. A little strange to paint spring flowers this time of year but the shape of tulips and their leaves lend themselves to painting negative shapes.

I have taught watercolor classes and workshops for over sixteen years now and along with sharing my experiences with painting I am always learning something new while I teach and am constantly inspired by my students. As an artist it is easy to hole up in our own private, creative world and not interact with others so the Creative Monday Challenge this week is to paint any subject you want and try to connect in some way with other artists.

You can attend a class, paint with friends, participate in a critique group and last but not least post, share and comment on this blog or in the Creative Monday Facebook Group. I would love to see more of you taking part in the Facebook Group - it is a wonderful way to get inspired, share our art and support each other!