Saturday, August 20, 2016

Art & Summer in Texas!


"Home is wherever you leave everything you love and never 
question that it will be there when you return."
Leo Christopher

I am spending some time in Texas with my Mom and enjoying the surprisingly cool summer weather and a little art time by the pool. I grew up here, but of course my parents did not put a pool in until their first grandchild was born!

Every year we would load up our three kids and spend the last week or two of summer before school started here at my parent's house. I have such wonderful memories of the kids playing in the pool, Mom's great cooking, time in the workshop with my Dad and jogging near my old elementary school. The kids always made it a priority to spend some time here in the summer even after they went off to college, graduated, married and started jobs. Summer to us is Texas and I feel very blessed for all the great times we have had here as a family!