Friday, January 4, 2013

Watercolor, Acrylic and Collage for Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.



WINTER ROSE
Mixed Media 8x10
 
I love my transparent watercolor but I also love to experiment with combing other media with it.
For Winter Rose I began with wt paper and watercolor for the background and shadows in the snow. I then collaged on some very thin rice paper for the trees and areas in the foreground and used more watercolor, painting over the collaged areas so the paint could settle in to the texture. I used white acrylic for the aspen trees, completing the mixed media look. 
 
I have been participating in Leslie Saeta's (an oil painter from California known for her palette knife painting) 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge for the New Year. You can see more paintings on her site here