Sunday, May 6, 2012

White Flowers, Collage and Etsy Sale

WHITE FLOWERS
Watercolor Collage - 12x22
SOLD - Etsy 20% Off Sale

This was one of those paintings that began as a class demo on painting white flowers and using negative painting and then I decided it needed a little spicing up so I collaged on some thin rice papers here and there. Then, I repainted some of the darks, letting the paint run into the cracks and crevices created from the collage - a great way to save a painting.

I recently saw a quote from another artist about collaging - 'There is great hope in collage, that when you are older and not allowed to have scissors in the old folks home, you can still enjoy collage - just tearing and gluing.' - too funny!

White Flowers has a new home with Jeanne in Vicksburg, MS. Check out my available paintings in my Etsy Shop and take advantage of the 20% Off Sale here