Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Journey To Breckenridge Begins - Colorado Artist Martha Kisling

MOUNTAIN POPPIES
Original Watercolor - 11x15

If you have been following my blog at all you know that I have been excitedly preparing for my visit to Breckenridge, CO where I will be their Artist in Residence for two weeks.
I got up early and loaded up the car with all of my watercolor paintings, art supplies, clothes and a few snacks for the long drive to the mountains - luckily everything fit with room to spare.
After an hour and a half of driving and listening to my country music - yes, I am a country girl at heart - I got my first glimpse of snow covered mountains.
Another hour on the road and I was headed over Hoosier Pass - a very windy road over the Rocky Mountains that peaks at an elevation of 11,532 ft - then you head down to the beautiful town of Breckenridge.
I was happy to see the town sign welcoming me - well, maybe not me specifically - to my newest art adventure!