Thursday, June 30, 2011

Club 47 Challenge - Day 3 - Kindness to My Mom

DAY AT THE BEACH
Original Watercolor - 11x15
$45 - Buy Here

It has been pretty hot for the last few days here in Colorado - makes me wish I was at a nice beach listening to the waves rolling in.

Kindness #3 - My mom called very upset yesterday because she was having trouble with her tv, more estate settling paperwork came in the mail and then Barbara that helps her with housework had just told her that her back tire was flat. Mom has been doing very well these last two months dealing with my dad being gone but all of this at once was the last straw. So she called a good friend of the family - 90 year old Bob who said he could help her with the tire, then Barbara came back in and had called her AAA to come fix the tire and was kind enough to stay and watch over everything. Then Mom took the car to the place that has done auto work for them before, told them about my dad and they fixed her tire at no charge. When she called me later she was all choked up at how nice everyone had been to her. It is hard for me being so far away and not being able to help her with everything but how wonderful that she is surrounded with the kindness of others!