Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Flying with the Angels


Sadly, my father passed away yesterday morning from cancer. He was a wonderful man, husband, father and grandfather and is responsible for most of who I am today. He always had a happy, positive attitude and encouraged me in everything I did - a paper route, working in the workshop, flying lessons, studying engineering, loving art and moving to Colorado after college - he will be dearly missed.

Years ago, I painted this airplane for him because he loved flying so much and he has had it hanging in his workshop ever since. He was an Aerospace Engineering professor for 45 years, flew in the Air Force and had his own single engine plane. I once stood on the ground and watched him flying a biplane similar to this one, doing loops high up in the sky. I know he is now flying with the angels - God speed, Daddy!