Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daily Painting Challenge - Six Pears

I found a website called Daily Paintworks where a group of about 15 artists showcase their work. Each week they offer a Painting Challenge and last week the assignment was to paint the same object several times taking only 10 minutes each time. Anyone can participate and post their work so I took a deep breath and decided to give it a try. The vast majority of entries are oil painters with some pastel, colored pencil and acrylic but I did not see any other watercolors - I figured mine might stick out like a sore thumb but what the heck, you only go around once!

I chose a pear because of their fun shape and decided to play around with different colors more than just a realistic rendering. When you look at the other entries - especially the oils - they are definintely more realistic.
I think my favorite one is the top right where I used positive and negative painting. Which one is your favorite? Click on 'comment' below and let me know.

If you want to check out the other entries  Click Here