Thursday, June 23, 2022

LAKESIDE & Creative Block


LAKESIDE
Watercolor - 11x14

Do you ever feel like you are blocked creatively? Don't know what to paint or draw! I think we all feel that way at one point or another. Non-artists often think that creativity can be turned on and off like a water faucet. We all know differently. Sometimes inspiration strikes like a lightening bolt and other times it is nowhere in sight.

Through the years I have learned that the first step toward getting that creative feeling back is to just walk in to my studio and start getting out some art supplies. The, I force myself to pick up a brush, dip it in to the paint and touch ti to the paper. Once I see that beautiful color start to mix and mingle I begin to feel that artistic urge coming back. Pretty soon I am in the zone and happily creating.