Saturday, October 6, 2018

Never Throw Away Old Paintings!

WATERFALL BLUES
Watercolor on Gesso - 14x19

I never throw out any of my watercolor paintings. Even if I feel like they are beyond help. I have learned that there are many things I can do to continue the creative process.

I can turn them over and start another painting on the back. 
I can paint over it with white acrylic gesso to create a new and fun watercolor surface. 
I can collage painted tissue paper and rice paper on top to create a whole new look. 
I can tear it up to create new collage papers for another painting.
I can come back into the watercolor with opaque acrylic paints.
Or, I can just let them sit in a pile for a while and comeback to them later with a fresh eye and new insight into what needs to be done to complete the composition.

If you are short on studio storage space there is always room under a bed!