Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Watercolor & Words Wednesday - Full Bloom!

FLOWER BASKET
Instant Download Print - 8x10

'Live life in full bloom!

I painted this same basket of flowers years ago when I did decorative painting in acrylics, long before I picked up a watercolor brush. It was fun to revisit a favorite design and interpret it in a different medium. Acrylics are very forgiving because you can always cover up your mistakes but there is nothing like the transparent flow of watercolors and the soft look of wet on wet color. I used a loose cruciform design for the background and then applied the paint in a more controlled manner for the flowers and basket. 

Then, using a digital image of the original watercolor painting I added the words and converted it to an Instant Art Print, ready to download, print, trim and display for your self or as a gift.


My watercolor printables are a great way to make a creative connection with someone special in your life. I invite you to view all of my instant prints in my Etsy Shop!