Monday, May 8, 2017

Art With Heart Monday - Paint and Possibilities!

COLORS OF THE HEART
Watercolor - 15x22

I love when I am starting a new painting and anything is possible! I can use the colors that I want, choose a technique, I can start on wet paper or dry, work quickly or slowly. I get to pick the subject or let the paint on the paper take me where it will. Watercolor has the reputation of being difficult to control but it is that very spontaneous and free nature of the medium that creates so much excitement and possibilities, every time that you paint.

For Colors of the Heart I randomly painted bright colors on to wet paper and then used plastic wrap to create fun overall texture. When the paper was dry, I used negative painting to define the sunflowers and leaves, letting the colorful underpainting show through. Paint and Possibilities!