Monday, November 7, 2016

Creative Monday Challenge - Week 43 - Stamping

SUNFLOWERS
Watercolor - 11x15

One of the things I enjoy the most about painting with watercolor are all of the fun and creative ways you can combine other techniques and materials with it. Stamping is a great way to add lettering or random design shapes to your painting.

For the sunflower painting above I stamped the words using white acrylic gesso after the watercolor was completely dry. I also used some bubble wrap to stamp gesso dots on the centers of the sunflowers and then used orange and rust watercolor paint to stamp random dots in the background. I stamped the criss cross lines using the inside of corrugated cardboard and watercolor paint.

For this week's Creative Monday Challenge I encourage you to explore the use of stamping in your painting - have fun!
SaveSave