Watercolor - 11x15
Do you title your artwork? If you are trying to sell it anywhere - online, an art show or a gallery - you have to give it some kind of title. If not, it is up to you if you want to name your painting. Deciding on a title is not always easy, at least for me. I tend to have a set of words that are easy to use in different combinations and I wear them out.
I recently came across these tips for naming your art:
- It is a good idea to limit your title to three words or less
- You want the title to connect the viewer to the art
- Make sure your title identifies the piece by color, design, emotion or imagination
- Give you audience a title that is stimulating or thought provoking
- The title can give the view insight in to your creative process or inspiration for the art
- Use the internet to research title ideas
- Use a title that has historic significance
- You can use alteration in your title (Mother's Merry Marbles)
So, on that note, the Creative Challenge for this week is to paint whatever you want but please title it and tell us how you chose it.