Friday, August 26, 2016

PEAR BLOSSOMS and Creative Energy

PEAR BLOSSOMS
Watercolor - 11x15

Do you have those days when you are filled with energy and all pumped up and ready to hit the day running? Do you also have those low energy days where you don't feel like doing much of anything? I have to admit that I have both, especially when it comes to being creative.

There are days when the last thing I feel like doing is picking up a brush and painting. But I have learned through the years, that if I will just walk into my studio and start doing something - looking at my art books, flipping through my stack of unfinished painting, getting out reference material, putting some color on paper - then I will begin to feel inspired and pretty soon I am in that creative zone and enjoying the whole artistic process.

What is your secret to getting the creative juices flowing?