Monday, May 9, 2016

Creative Monday Challenge - Week 18


For Mother's Day we went to eat at the Whitestone Inn out in the country near our lake and saw these beautiful irises. I decided they would make a good subject for our Creative Monday Challenge this week.


You can paint the photo as is or use artistic license. Here is an example of a white iris but I painted it on gessoed paper so it has a loose, impressionistic feel to it.


You can of course, paint the iris any color you want. Here is a blue one since I always seem to paint pink or purple irises.


For this one I painted on crumpled tissue paper glued to watercolor paper and took advantage of all that wonderful texture for a more abstract look.

If you are new to Creative Monday I would love to have you join us. You can read more about it and get info on joining the free Facebook Group here.

Receive email updates from my Art With Heart blog by clicking here