Monday, May 2, 2016

Creative Monday Challenge - Week 17 - Day 1

Alcohol Ink Tile #1

The Creative Challenge for Week 17 is to create 5 paintings in 5 days! 
Daily Painting has been VERY popular for the last several years and committing to painting daily forces us to make art a priority in our lives, teaches us to work a little quicker, takes the pressure off of perfectionism, hones our style, allows for experimentation and most importantly is just plain fun.

Daily paintings are usually smaller, around 5x7 inches. For all 5 days you can use the same medium, same subject, same color palette or just paint whatever you want each day.

I have decided to focus on alcohol inks because it a new medium that I have been playing around with and I want to see what I come up with. I will be using 4x4 inch tiles and any subject matter that comes up. As you can see from my first tile I let the alcohol inks run and mix freely to create an abstract design. I came back in with a brush to add a few extra colors and then called it done - such joy!

If you are new to Creative Monday I would love to have you join us. You can read more about it and get info on joining the free Facebook Group here.