Monday, February 1, 2016

Creative Monday Challenge - Week 4


It seems like I ALWAYS have a stack of watercolors sitting there waiting to be finished. The fun, exciting part for me is the beginning of a painting when the paint flows bright and true on to the wet paper. I love the spontaneous and unpredictable nature of watercolor and the ability to paint fast and free. I sometime have to make myself sit down to finish a painting even if I am not feeling the creative energy. But I have learned that once I start painting, I soon lose myself in the artistic process and it always feels good to have one less in the pile!


The Creative Monday Challenge for this week is to finish one of your paintings that is sitting around waiting to be completed. If you can, take a before and after photo. If you want to start a new painting and finish it, that is fine, too.


I decided to work on the field of flowers because it was a cloudy day and I felt like a little sunshine. The paper was not the best so the paint had a tendency to lift off but I persevered and kept adding darks around the flowers with some negative painting.


I added darker shapes in the background and decided I was done. Field of Sunshine seemed like a perfect name - one less painting in my pile!


If you are new to Creative Monday you can read more about it and get info on joining the free Facebook Group here.