Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Creative Corner and the Second in my Acrylic Collage Tree Series

SPRING GREEN
Acrylic Collage - 9x12 canvas board
 
As I mentioned last week, I have been painting in watercolor for over twenty years and love everything about the medium but I am still always on the lookout for new things to try. I have decided to try and experiment with at least one new idea a month - my new Creative Corner!
 
For the second collage in my Tree Series I decided to go for bright green and yellow spring colors. I began again with a canvas board and collaged on printed tissue papers using a soft yellow leaf design for the sky and different green patterns for the mountains. Using scrapbook papers with a flower design and scraped acrylic paint across them I cut out the trees, branches and leaves. I also used textured rice paper tinted green in the sky and continued building up layers of paper in my mountains. 
 
It was fun to use more texture in this second collage - watch for the third in the series next week!