Saturday, May 11, 2013

Iris Painting and Martha Kisling Creative Watercolor Newsletter for May

SWEET DREAMS
Watercolor 11x15
SOLD
 
I had so much fun painting Sweet Dreams as the demo for my weekly classes. With no initial drawing I wet the paper and then applied analogous colors all over for background. Then, while the paint was still wet I began lifting out the highlights to create the shape of the iris petals and the leaves. When everything dried I came back in and did some subtle negative painting for more definition of the flower. I have to say that I was VERY happy with the results and it sold right when I posted it on Daily Paintworks!
 
My Martha Kisling Creative Watercolor Newsletter is out for the month of May and is full of news and art - if you are not already a subscriber you can do so at the top of this blog and it will automatically be emailed to you each month. You can view the newsletter here