Thursday, April 4, 2013

Arkansas, Walmart and Crystal Bridges Art Museum

SOUTHERN MAGNOLIA
Watercolor 8x10
 
A few weeks ago my Mom and I took a road trip to Bentonville, Arkansas to meet up with my aunt and uncle - my mom is on the left with Aunt Kathi and Uncle Bill (my mom's brother). We had a great time catching up and visiting the local sites.
Bentonville is the home of Sam Walton's first Five and Dime store shown below. He went on to own several of them before launching the Walmarts we know today. Such a cute town!
We also spent two days at the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art that was built by Sam Walton's daughter several years ago. A unique building that celebrates American art in a setting that unites the indoors with the natural outdoor landscape and showcases our country's heritage through painting - a truly wonderful artistic experience!