Friday, November 2, 2012

Farm Auction and COUNTRY STORM - Sold

COUNTRY STORM
Watercolor 11x15
SOLD

I used a basically cool palette of blues and purple with a touch of warm raw sienna for this painting. The white areas of snow in the foreground create a visual path into the painting, directing the eye towards the barn. Country Storm was purchased by Lori from my home state of Texas.
Don't forget to check out my 20% Off All Art Sale in my Etsy Shop
A few weeks ago we drove up to Ft. Collins, CO to attend my first auction where my husband's college buddy was selling items from the farm where he had grown up. Everything from furniture, piano, ski equipment, farm tools, glass ware, games and toys to tractors and old run down cars. The auctioneer worked all day long selling everything off and they had a food truck there to keep everyone fed and happy.
My husband spent many a fall morning goose hunting at their pond so we are now the proud owners of a hundred geese decoys - I am sure you are green with envy!!