Saturday, June 23, 2012

Old Barns, New Approach and Pinterest

OLD SHED
Watercolor & Ink - 11x15
SOLD

I love painting old barns, buildings and sheds so I was happy to send Old Shed off to its new home in Vermont. I began this painting by applying colors randomly all over the background with some salt for texture. When everything was dry I used a pen for the shadows and detail on the building and for the trees - a new approach to an old subject!
I love getting on Pinterest and looking at all their beautiful photos for inspiration for my paintings. I especially love all the photos of old barns and covered bridges and even created my own board for that. If you have not discovered Pinterest yet it is an online bulletin board where you can collect ideas for food, decorating, crafts, art and more. You can see my 'Barns and Bridges' board here