Thursday, January 12, 2012

Iris Petals and Pinterest Wine Glasses

IRIS GLORY
Original Watercolor - 11x15

I love painting a large iris with its lacey petals. While the paint was still wet I used pieces of cheesecloth to create texture here and there. When everything was dry I also collaged on thin pieces of rice paper and used negative painitng to define the shapes.
I discovered Pinterest thru my daughter Lisa over the holidays and got addicted to it! It is an online pinboard where you can organize and share things you love - anything from crafts to home decor, fashion and travel and everything in between. Just like we used to tear things out of a magazine and put it on a bulletin board - now we can do it online!

One of the craft ideas was to buy wine glasses at the dollar store, paint the base with chalkboard paint and then you can write the names of your guests with chalk on each glass and then wash it off and start over for the next party - clever idea. Here is the set Lisa made for me - what a doll!

You can check Pinterest out here.