Thursday, November 10, 2011

Breckenridge Music Festival - Artist Reception

ASPEN GLOW
Watercolor Batik - 18x24

For over twenty years the town of Breckenridge has hosted a summer music festival called Bach, Beethoven and Breckenridge. Each year the Hang Time Art Gallery puts out a Call to Artists for paintings to be submited for consideration as the promotional art used for the festival.
As the Guest Artist I was asked to submit a painting. Since I did not know about this until I got here I was limited to the art I brought with me to the Tin Shop and it had to be a minimum size of 18x24 inches - much bigger than I normally paint. Luckily, I had brought Aspen Glow which was exactly the right size, already matted and Colorado appropriate.
The Hang Time Gallery hosted a lovely reception for the artists last night. Here you can see some of the art and of course my batik on the right. It was alot of fun to have a glass of wine and meet some of the other artists and members of the Breckenridge Music Council. Many of these people have retired in Breckenridge and keep very busy with their volunteer work, skiing, golfing and book clubs!
Anyone who comes in to the gallery is invited to vote on their favorite piece. The winner will be announced sometime next week - keep your fingers crossed!