Saturday, November 12, 2011

Breckenridge Blossoms and Going To The Dogs

BRECKENRIDGE BLOSSOMS
Original Watercolor - 11x15

I just finished up this painting sitting in my Tin Shop Studio in Breckenridge, CO. The weather is sunny and clear and I am staying nice and warm. This was another half finished painting that I had brought with me and is my favorite way to paint. I began with wet paper and placed in blues and purples while trying to keep some areas white for the flowers. When everything was dry I did alot of negative painting to bring out and define the flowers and leaves. I also love painting in cool colors - I seem to have more luck keeping the colors crisp and clean.
There is something about big dogs and mountain towns here in Colorado - you never seem to see any little, tiny dogs - only big, hearty ones. I caught this one napping in the sun after a big snow.
Now that is one big, furry dog - who is taking the lead on this walk.
Two for the price of one! There was another pair of dogs sitting near by but by the time I got my camera out they had moved on.