Sunday, July 31, 2011

Club 47 Challenge - Day 34 - Creative Monday Challenge #30 - Resist

SUMMER MEDLEY
Original Watercolor & Oil Pastel - 11x15
$60 - Buy Here

The Creative Challenge this week was to use a resist in your artwork. I used oil pastel with watercolor because the waxy nature of the pastel will repel the paint. I began the painitng by drawing with different colors of oil pastel and then applied the watercolor. When everything was dry I added some more detail with the pastel and then add darks with the paint where needed.

You can see in the detail above that it creates a nice mixed media look to the painting.

Kindness # 34 - As I was paying for my groceries I asked the checkout lady how her day was - heard all about the weather, her dogs and family - you never know when someone may just need a friendly ear.