Friday, June 3, 2011

Creative Journey - The Healing Power of Art

SOLITUDE
Original Watercolor - 8x10
$45 - Buy Here

It was wonderful to get back to teaching my classes this week after being out of town for five weeks. As many of you know my Dad recently passed away and it has been an emotional few months. Art has always had the ability to feed my soul and the people I meet through art always seem to be there when I need them. My students in the Tuesday class welcomed me back with love and sympathy, a birthday cake and a gift certificate to get something to plant in memory of my Dad - who could ask for anything more?

An important part of my own Creative Journey is being surrounded by caring and artistic people. It was also wonderful to get back into painting again and be able to enjoy the creative process. Does art feed your soul? Does the act of creating heal you? In what way?