Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tulips Everywhere

My husband and I spent last week visiting my parents in Ft. Worth, TX and over the weekend drove to Dallas to attend the Dallas Arboretum ArtScape - a wonderful art show focusing on nature. As you can tell from the picture we had a beautiful spring day.
There were tulips everywhere, along every walk way and  in every color you can imagine - just gorgeous!
I originally found out about the show from one of my new artist/blog friends, Nancy Medina. She lives in Flower Mound, TX which is perfect for her since she paints beautiful flowers in oils. It was so much fun to meet Nancy in person after only knowing her thru our online comments - she is a wonderful artist and a caring and gentle soul. You can see some of her work here in her booth and can also visit her website at NancyMedina.com
We had a wonderful visit with my parents and given some recent bad news about my dad's health we cherished the time we had with them even more. As we look around us at the beautiful spring flowers bursting forth we should be reminded of how special and important family is and to not take our time with them for granted.