Sunday, July 17, 2011

Club 47 Challenge - Day 20 - Creative Monday Challenge #28 - Stormy Sky

COUNTRY STORM
Original Watercolor - 11x15
$60 - Buy Here

The Creative Challenge this week was to paint a stormy sky. I wet the sky area first and used alot of indigo mixed with some ultramarine blue to create a dark sky. I made sure I carried some of those darks into the foreground to create a dramatic look. I also used the winding snow covered path to lead the eye into the scene. This is called an S-Composition.

Kindness #20 - This is more of a kindness to myself and health but I jogged yesterday even though it was a VERY hot day!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Martha: notice your painting (that you are describing) isnt showing on FB ... did something change? This is gorgeous ! SEE you SOON! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your your rich colors in this painting, Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your painting its so beautiful....Good for you that you did some jogging my hat goes off to you it sure was a hot hot day. Keep up the good work...see you soon..

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. cont....hi Martha, my husband really loves your painting....

    Carol

    ReplyDelete