Monday, May 2, 2011

Creative Monday Challenge #17 - SPRING TULIPS

SPRING TULIPS
Original Watercolor - 11x15
$60 - Buy Here

The Creative Challenge last week was to use repetition, one of the principles of design, to create unity within the art work. With Spring Tulips I repeated the shape of the tulip with five main flowers and was careful to make one of them larger for the focal point. I varied the size of the other four and even though they all have similar colors I used more contrast on and around the main tulip. There is also repetition with the shapes of the leaves and the colors that are woven throughout the whole composition.

In March I was in Texas visiting my parents and we went to the Dallas Arboretum to see their art show and their beautiful spring tulips. In Colorado we are told to not even plant flowers until Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment