Monday, January 3, 2011

Creative Mondays 2011!

Join me as I challenge myself to stretch my artistic boundaries in 2011 by experimenting with new materials, exploring different subject matter and encouraging new creative expression. We all have the capacity for creativity, it just needs to be nurtured and encouraged no matter where we are in our personal artistic journey. The joy of creating is in the process not just the final product and we often need encouragment from fellow artists to be reminded of that.

Each Monday I will post a Creative Challenge that will hopefully inspire and stimulate the creative process in all of us. It is my hope that many of you will participate in the challenge each week and then share your ideas, insights and approach. Any medium may be used - watercolor, acrylic, oil, pastel, pencil, collage, etc and you may work in any size, small or large, on any surface that appeals to you.

I will post the challenge here in my Blog and also on my Facebook Page (Martha Kisling Fine Art Page)
You can leave a comment here on the blog telling us about your Creative Challenge and link us to a picture of your artistic piece if you like or you can post on my facebook page with a photo.

Hopefully, we can all have fun sharing ideas and creative approaches while nurturing our own creative spirit.

Creative Challenge #1 - take any small object that you find around the house or outside and paint/draw it in a much larger than life size or format. Pay close attention to the smallest of details and stretch your artistic observations.